Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Stitch Therapy - Materials

Yesterday, I purchased two 10" embroidery hoops; a bunch of different color threads and needles; and some off white cotton muslin.  I came home and put some material on the hoops -- sad to say I had to figure out how to use the hoop as I don't recall ever using one before.

I didn't find any stretch boards and I don't have a sewing machine so I will make do with what I do have.

The 10" hoop does not lend itself well to my Catholic theme in honor of my parents -- at least not the way I currently have it designed.  I think it is too chaotic anyway so I may have to make two.  I do have two children so that might work out well.  My only problem is I only have one Scapular and one designer head. 

While creating my mindful studio, I found a few old pics of my grandmother and mom.  Perhaps one will have these pics while the other has the old scapulars. 

I am stressing a little about the length of these workshops and the time we have to finish them.  December is going to come up really fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment