Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Mindful Studio Workshop

In addition to the Stitch Therapy workshop, I am taking the Mindful Studio Workshop -- This is a 21-day commitment during which time I hope to cultivate a feeling of positive and playful engagement and create an art-making practice within the safe community of 6 Degrees of Creativity.

Through a combination of themes and prompts, I hope to:
• Create a flexible working plan
• Identify my personal strengths and strategies
• Connect and commit to my true artist self

I am committing 15 minutes a day to my practice.  I chose this tiny chunk of time so I would meet or exceed my commitment.  Yesterday, I began creating my studio space.  The room I use is a studio, workout room and space bedroom for my grandson.  It is very cluttered and not at all conducive to my art.

I didn't get very far yesterday, but today, I was able to organize and create a space in which I can work.  While organizing, I found some printed materials and printed shots of my son and grandson.  I think my project will be to produce an image of one or both during this 21 day period using a charcoal sketch, water color and whatever feels good -- perhaps some pastels on top of the watercolors.

Tomorrow, I should be able to play.  I will begin with a charcoal sketch of both images. 

No comments:

Post a Comment