Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Mindful Studio - What makes my heart beat a little faster?

The Summer Day

... Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?

--Mary Oliver

Twyla Tharp says:
“Everything that happens in
my day is a transaction between the external and my internal world. Everything is raw material...Everything is usable

I am to pick out a them that makes my heart beat a little faster; makes me want to go further .... erotica is what comes to mind.  I love doing erotica.  I want to be able to create a beautiful painting with subliminal erotica.  To date, I have not really be able to accomplish this. 

As I read the list of possible triggers for Day 2 of this workshop, I am attracted to the following:  hands, feet or face or other body parts; collage self portrait; a favorite shape; collage in general of anything; art journaling.  But the subliminal erotica is what makes my hear beat faster and excites me while engaged. 

So, in an earlier blog, I mentioned using images of my son and grandson -- perhaps, this will not be the case. 

What comes to my mind when I think of erotica -- its fun to draw body parts; its fun to look at them; it's fun to imaging being those parts or touching them; its fun to imagine whether others see what I see or think what I think; is it about love or beauty?  The images are hidden, yet oh so obvious when you mind goes there; the drawing is colorful and beautiful. 

Erotica is sometimes with one person, male or female; sometimes male and female; female and female -- women's bodies are so beautiful; or a combination. 

Erotica is my second pick -- tomorrow, I will discover what I will choose for my project!


No comments:

Post a Comment